How can I add value to my home?
This is one of the most common questions I’m asked when I’m at a Listing appointment. It really does depend greatly on the owner’s budget, the condition of the property, the age of the property and what you’re trying to achieve in your final sale price as well.
One of the most exciting things about real estate is that it doesn’t come with a recommended retail price and because homes don’t come with the recommended retail price, the price can actually be influenced and the influence often resorts way back to the presentation of the home.
Remember buyers start their search logically with price but then finish emotionally with desire. Creating that desire is so important and here are a few little tips that I’ve noticed over the years that have helped my sellers achieve premium prices
- Pressure clean your driveway
- Mow the lawns and mulch the gardens
- Plant some trees and flowers out the front and have a nice letterbox
- Maintain the front fence and don’t have parked cars everywhere
- De-clutter the home and make sure it smells nice
- Have your bathrooms and kitchen spotless
- Use indoor plants to live up rooms
- Use flower arrangements in living areas
- Use subtle Deodorisers such as oil burners
- Fresh natural paint throughout is a winner every time
- New carpet if the budget allows
Remember these little things won’t break the bank but they will leave a lasting impression on the most important person in the sale your buyer.